Adventure Background Edit
Bluetspur is a domain ruled by the Lord Elder Brain, his minion The High Master Ilithid has long wished to usurp him. His plan is to become an Illithid Vampire with the powers of both species. He made a pact to overthrow Strahd Von Zarovich in exchange for vampirism with Strahd's grandniece Lyssa. However, his alien physiology was incapatible with vampirism and the only way to truly create one was to turn a vampirized individual into a Mind Flayer and such creations were insane and had to be destroyed immediately. When a member of The Brotherhood of the Contemplative Order came Lyssa learned of a device called the Apparatus that could transport the High Master's brain into a Vampire Illithid tadpole. However two members of the order, Anitella and Lord Drassak came and stole and hid the Rod that powered the device. After being mutilated into an Octopus like Broken One (That bears a striking resemblance to Mind Flayers) Anitella escaped which is where the Players come in.
Cast of Characters Edit
- Anitella- The Mind Flayer look alike Broken One, she is pretty much where the adventure starts. She is presumably in love with Lord Drassak.
- Bonespur- The Half-Vistani bounty hunter of the High Master Illithid.
- High Master Illithid- The main antagonist for most of the adventure, most everything about him is stated in the adventure Background.
- Lord Drassak- A member of the Brotherhood.
- Lyssa Von Zarovich- the grandniece of Strahd.
- Lord Elder Brain- The Darklord of Bluetspur and main antagonist at the end.
- Slinker- An optional NPC if the characters don't rescue Anitella at the start.
- Symbiont and the Shattered Brethren- Broken Ones in the caverns of Mt. Makab.